A LOVING LESSON
life is a fire.
and you are the iron.
it's hot as hell.
the longer we're in it, the hotter it gets.
sometimes we want to cave under the pressure.
but if we hold strong, it will shape us into something powerful and meaningful.
what will you let it make of you?
armor to protect.
a weapon to defend.
a tool to aid.
in all this heat.
under all this pressure.
you have the power to decide.
IN MY EXPERIENCE
sometimes it feels like the challenges and pressure never stop coming. I think if you're doing life right, they never will.
each time we face a challenge we're being asked to learn a lesson. sometimes you can't see the lesson or the purpose. that's the hardest part.
but once we find it and we learn from it or we start to embody our purpose, we get to help others and live out our fullest potential.
the catch is this - when we learn a lesson, conquer a challenge, and don't fold under pressure. we reach a new level. we get to face harder challenges. learn bigger lessons. when we don't learn the lesson, we face it again and again, until we do.
you hear people say "it never gets easier." and it doesn't. in my experience, with hard work and a clear vision, it does get richer, sweeter, clearer, more fulfilling, and incredibly empowering.
everything you've been through was never for nothing. everything you'll go through will never be for nothing. i think there's a lot of comfort and hope in that.
FIND CALM IN CHAOS
so stop resisting the challenges.
don't fold under the pressure.
they're nothing more than opportunities shaping you.
find the lesson.
step into your purpose.
trust that you have a purpose.
trust that you have what it takes.
trust that everything is temporary.
trust that you're being molded for something better than you could imagine.
eventually, this will lead to trusting yourself, your decisions, and that wild vision in your heart you just can't shake.
BEAUTIFUL BRIGHT SIDES
if there are no challenges.
there is no growth.
as we grow...
we uncover our strength.
we learn to trust ourselves.
we hold our boundaries.
we feel confident.
it might feel scary and | or lonely at first. just remember that feelings are fleeting.
and one day, you'll wake up and know that where you are, who you're surrounded by, and what you're fighting for is in full alignment.
i'd bet, if you look back at your life, you already know that truth.
TOOLS AND TAKEAWAYS
GET CLEAR ON YOUR VISION
- when you're at the end of your life and you look back, what do you want to see? who do you want to have been?
- free write in a journal until this flows to you naturally
- set quick, one to three word intentions, repeat them to yourself when you're being challenged.
LIMIT EXTERNAL INFLUENCE
- you'll never know what YOU want if you're busy watching what others have or listening to what others want for you
- we all get one life. they have their own to worry about and you have yours.
YOU ARE WHAT YOU CONSUME
- food, drinks, music, books, podcasts, shows, social accounts.... are they happy, sad, stressful, motivational?
- imagine your brain is tofu, whatever you marinate it in... it becomes.
BUILD YOUR PACK AND PROTECT YOUR PEACE
- you are the people you spend the most time with, don't let people who don't align with your vision into your pack. there's a pack for them, it's not yours. let them go.
- access to you is a privilege. treat it as such. set boundaries and hold them. life becomes more peaceful when you're not dragging dead weight.