Candle care and safety tips for how to burn your new intentional luxury candle. When cared for properly, Haven and Flux candles are long lasting with a strong scent that will fill up your space. As a bonus, they help improve your mental health.
HERE ARE THE CANDLE CARE DETAILS
FOR THE BEST BURN
- Always trim your wick to ¼” before you burn.
- On the first burn, make sure to burn to the edge of the jar. (Our coconut soy wax has a memory and will follow its first burn pattern).
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Never touch or move a burning candle.
- Don’t burn a candle all the way down. It’s best to stop burning a candle when there is ¼ inch of wax left in the vessel. (Check here for ways to safely reuse your vessel and remaining wax).
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire.
- Keep candles out of reach of children and pets.
- Ideally, burn candles for 1-3 hours at a time. Burning the candle longer could heat the jar up and damage your candle.
SET YOUR INTENTION
- Read the intention on your candle.
- Take a deep breath.
- Light your candle while repeating your intention.
- Take another deep breathe (for good measure).
- Use your Haven and Flux metal lid to put out your candle. Simply place the candle on top of the jar and the flame will extinguish. This is not only the safest way to extinguish a candle, but also prevents hot wax from splattering.
- Never use water (or any other liquid / substance) to put out your candle. This could break the glass, damage the candle, and is hazardous.
- Avoid touching or moving the candle until the wax has solidified.